Are you organising a hen night? Maybe you’re looking for unique hen do ideas in London? Or thinking about spending a whole hen weekend in the Big Smoke? Then look no further. In true Brigit’s Bakery style, we’ve hand-picked some of quirkiest hen do activities for you that are sure to make your party both fun and memorable.
Jump on a Brigit’s Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour
If you want the afternoon tea of all afternoon teas, then book onto one of our Afternoon Tea Bus Tours. We’re biased, but we’re not the only ones thinking this is a great hen party idea! Last year we were included in an article from Cosmopolitan as one of the best places for a hen party in London!
Our vintage Routemaster double-decker buses drive through the streets of London, taking it some of the best sights. Think Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, St James’s Park, Hyde Park, The Royal Albert Hall, Marble Arch, Nelson’s Column, Downing Street, and more!
And while you relax and have fun with your hens, enjoy a scrumptious afternoon tea with a difference! We’re talking unique freshly-cut sandwiches with finger-licking fillings and handmade sweet treats. But it’s high tea after all. So let’s not forget about scones with clotted cream and jam and your choice of tea or coffee. And why not add a glass of bubbly or two? All we ask is that you kick back, relax, and let us look after you!
We have different menu options for you to choose from, including:
Just let us know about your preferences at the time of booking.
Tours depart daily from Victoria Coach Station and 8, Northumberland Avenue and last approximately 90 minutes (depending on traffic). But places are limited, so if you have a bigger party book early to avoid disappointment.
And if you’re reading this at the time of writing, why not take advantage of our special Christmas menu? Our Christmas-themed Afternoon Tea Bus Tour runs from the 16th of November 2019 to the 5th of January 2020, so don’t miss out!
Come and have afternoon tea at Brigit’s Bakery in Covent Garden
If what you want is a classy hen party in London, then come and join us for L’Afternoon Tea (as we like to call it) at our beautiful Brigit’s Bakery in Covent Garden. Our wonderful French patisserie makes for the perfect venue for a hen do – it’s welcoming, feminine, and quirky. As you enter, you’re welcomed by a wonderful cake counter filled with sweet treats baked daily by our French pastry chefs. You can enjoy fruit tartlets, chocolate eclairs, cupcakes, macarons, cookies, scones, cakes, and pastries.
Our full Afternoon Tea experience comes with a selection of sandwiches, cakes, mini cupcakes, and freshly-made scones with clotted cream. We also have a wonderful wine list – because why not treat yourself to a bottle of bubbly alongside your delicious high tea?
If you’re having a large party, you can hire out the whole venue. We can accommodate up to 60 people seated (or 100 people standing) in our main restaurant. But if you’re going for a smaller do, we also have three private rooms of varying size available for hire:
- The Sofa Room – L-shaped, this is the largest of our downstairs private rooms. It can host up to 16 people in total (spread across a number of tables).
- The Garden Room – with stunning wall arts and chairs to match, it’s a beautiful medium-size room with a vibrant feel to it that can host up to 10 guests.
- And the Cupcake Room – the smallest of our rooms, it’s ideal for an intimate gathering and can accommodate up to 4 people.
Spend a fun night in a unique cocktail bar
If you’re looking to spend the evening in a cocktail bar and dance the night away but don’t just want any ol’ bar (and who would?!), then interesting-looking bars and restaurants are aplenty in London. Some of the most original places we’ve come across include:
- Piano Works in Farringdon – they offer live music, and you get to choose the song! The band will play the piece of your choice in their own way, right on the spot.
- ABQ London in Bohemia Place. This is the perfect venue for any Breaking Bad fans. It even features an RV inside the bar that can fit up to 35 people. You get to make your own cocktails with bubbling and colourful foam and steaming dry ice. What’s not to like?!
- Sketch in Conduit Street is located in an eccentric 18th-century townhouse with the crazy wonderland look. It has a forest-themed bar and alien-like pod toilets!
Or just take a look at bars and restaurants in areas like Shepherd’s Bush, Holborn, Stratford, and Brick Lane, and you’ll find plenty of fantastic venues for your London hen party.
Go for bottomless brunch
What do you think about the latest breakfast trend? Bottomless brunches. In case you’re wondering, it’s exactly what it says on the tin. Call it morning or call it early afternoon, for a set price, you get a 3- or 4-course meal (depending on what you choose) and unlimited alcohol. Yep, you read that right.
Go to a music festival
London is home to many music festivals and events spread across the year. Understandably, most outdoors music festivals happen in the summer, and here are some of our favourites:
- London Latin Music Festival – a 10-day festival in April-May, set in various locations.
- All Pointes East – set in Victoria Park, it takes place over two weekends in May and June.
- Wireless – taking place in Finsbury Park (July), Wireless is London’s annual urban music festival.
- Maiden Voyage – set in the summer (August) in East London, Maiden Voyage is a recent addition to the London music festival scenes and features jazz, hip hop, afrobeat, and funk.
- EFG London Jazz Festival – if you’re organising a winter hen party, EFG is all about jazz music and runs in November.
But there are many many more, so keep an eye out and make sure you book your ticket well in advance!
Enjoy the sights from the London Eye
If you’re just visiting London for the day (or the weekend) then why not enjoy the views from the London Eye? Located on the beautiful South Bank of the River Thames, the London Eye is Europe’s tallest observation wheel and the most popular paid tourist attraction in the UK.
Spend the day horse riding in Hyde Park
And to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city during the day time, why not explore the natural beauty of Hyde Park? Not many people know that Hyde Park has a specialist arena and two designated routes for horse riding (North Ride and South Ride). Riding is available to customers and members of the prestigious Ross Nye Stables, which offer hacking and lessons with instructors and horses to suit all levels and abilities.
Book a dance class
If you’re looking for a stylish weekend and want a fun activity to enjoy with your hens, then look into a dance party experience. London is full of fantastic providers. Check their credentials, and you’ll notice most of their instructors have danced with some of the biggest stars out there. Just make sure any choreographies are designed for all abilities and ages and have fun!
Take a life drawing class
And while we’re talking unique hen party activities, have you thought about life drawing? It’s different, fun, and classy. Unless, of course, you go for the nude option. (But hey, it’s your hen do – we’re not judging!).